Subject: Stack Overflow!
From: Mario Cascio <[email-masked]>
To: LightwaveList <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:12:11 -0500 (CDT)

OK, I'm trying to render and save RGB images to my hard drive.  The scene 
contains a lake that has been subdivided several times and is almost 1 
meg in size.  I've turned on reflections as well as using 2 shadow maps.  
The lake also has a bump map using the crumple feature, which looks 
awsome by the way.  This is combined with a displacement map for the lake 
using bumps.  When I try to render the scene on my A3000 equipped with 21 
meg ram total, I get a message stating, "Stack Overflow."  This doesn't 
happen however when I render it on my A4000, this is only equipped with 
18 meg ram total.  
	
I checked the stack size on both machines and they were at 4096.  I later 
changed the stack size on the A3000 to 10,000, 25,000, 50,000, 100,000, 
and 200,000 bytes respectively with no luck.  Anybody know what I can do 
to get this scene rendered. I could render the whole thing on my A4000, 
but my A3000 is 3 times faster.  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mario Cascio
ProMotion

--
Mario Cascio <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]